Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Southern Pecan Pie

Last night I searched the internet for a super recipe with pecans. I wanted something different that would catch people's attention. But then I thought to myself, " Let me just start of original". So I picked a classic pecan pie. Thanksgiving is nearing and I think I might try to make one. I love pecans and I love pecan pie!

I borrowed this recipe from Nikki off of allrecipes.com. According to the website it is a 4.5 out of 5 stars. It has great reviews and 2, 981 people have saved this recipe as their favorite. So I feel confident that this is a delicious pecan pie.

Southern Pecan Pie


Original Recipe Yield 1 pie


Ingredients
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups of Rosalie pecan halves (or pieces)
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
2. Beat eggs slightly in a medium bowl. Beat sugar, and then blend syrup, butter or margarine, vanilla, salt, and place Rosalie Pecans on top. (Some people use the halves, I prefer the small pieces!)
3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes. The pie should be brown and slightly puffed.
4. Serving with vanilla ice cream or coffee tops this pie off!!


Please respond with any corrections or changes that you might feel will make this pecan pie even more delicious! We love to hear what you have to say.


If you would like to order the best tasting pecans, visit our website www.rosaliepecans.com or call us at 318-448-3139 or toll free 1-877-772-3139!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment